Water Conservation Internship Abroad-India
Organization: Leave UR Mark
Position Title: Water Conservation Internship Abroad
Hours and Compensation: 40 hours/week. Unpaid.
Application Deadline: Not listed.
Leave UR Mark has an internship position availble in a project working with Water Literacy and Conservation in Bangalore, India. To sum up, in India women and girls bare the brunt of collecting water and water supply (walking many miles back and forth). This can drastically alter female school attendance. Technical and educational intervention is needed on Water Literacy but local communities need to know how to use and maintain equipment, implement basic water conservation techniques and change the way water is used. India is ranked #8 out of all the countries in the world that most need clean water.
- Interns would be working along side a team of experts that create awareness of water issues and implement conservation technology into homes, villages, offices, and more.
- The team has so far trained 40 foreign student/volunteer engineers in irrigation and rainwater harvesting, urban and rural rainwater harvesting, bore-well recharging, and recycling of used water for underprivileged communities and villages in Southern India.
- Interns will be learning how to use engineering, technology, education, and corporate partnerships to save India’s precious water for both it’s urban and rural population.
- Learn how to work with data to help create water policies and community suggestions.
This is an internship in which you are not just in the office all day but out in the field visiting borewells, projects where rainwater harvesting tools have been installed, bringing water literacy to the masses, and getting a hands on education experience at the technical projects. You will learn about many innovative technologies that are being developed and get a chance to see many of them in various sites throughout the city. The goal of the project is to reach out to 6 million people within the next 10 years including business corporations, students, farmers, home-owners, and industry experts.
Who Interns Abroad With Us?
- Students in college on their breaks or recent graduates looking for work experience
- Professionals looking for a career change
- Travelers looking to do meaningful work for short periods of time (2-3 months)
- Universities looking to do study tours for students
- Leave UR Mark offeres total Pre-Departure Support prior to arrival in India (visa invitation letter, health, safety, and cultural training, a guaranteed internship, and travel trips to India), airport pickup, and orientation upon arrival for a $595 fee.
- Interns may choose to stay at our apartment for an additional fee or set up their own housing.
- A 24/7 Support team will be accessible for the duration of time spent in India.
- We require a minimum of 2 month stay but you are welcome to stay for longer dependent upon your schedule and budget.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply! It is not too late to apply for the summer. You can also check out our blog with previous intern experiences athttp:www.leaveurmarkindia.blogspot.com or keep up to date on all of our projects. athttp://www.facebook.com/LeaveURMark.
How to apply: