Program Assistant-San Francisco, CA
Organization: Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
Position Title: Program Assistant
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours and Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: Not listed
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation’s most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 1.3 million members and online activists to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America’s bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 430 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Livingston, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Program Assistant to work with the Transportation and Urban Solutions teams in our San Francisco office. The Program Assistant will provide administrative support to the Transportation and Urban Solutions teams in a variety of capacities including budget and grants management, invoice processing, scheduling of meetings/conference calls, and travel arrangements. The Program Assistant will also provide support for NRDC’s advocacy work, including but not limited to drafting and editing of blogs and other written materials, preparation of PowerPoint presentations, and project management involving external organizations.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls
- Handle travel arrangements, including logistics and conference registrations
- Complete monthly expense reports, process invoices
- Track team budgets using Microsoft Excel and Great Plains software
- Maintain internal shared document library on NRDC intranet site
- Format and file legislative documents with the California Public Utilities Commission
- Edit and post blogs on NRDC’s Switchboard using Movable Type
- Proofread, fact-check, edit, and research for a variety of written documents including NRDC policy reports, internal memos, and reports to funders
- 2-4 years previous administrative experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Outstanding organizational skills, the ability to multi task, set priorities, follow institutional procedures and perform undirected work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Close attention to detail and follow through on tasks
- Ability to work accurately and with composure under deadline pressure
- Willingness to be available for occasional overtime work
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Interest in environmental issues a plus
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting.
NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-866-927-2472.