Policy & Research Intern-San Francisco, CA.
Position Title: Policy & Research Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours and Compensation: Competitive compensation package with a stipend or hourly wage and commuter subsidy available.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 11th, at 4:00 p.m.
The Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California (NPH), an affordable housing advocacy group based in San Francisco, seeks a policy and research intern to support staff efforts to advocate for innovative regional and local funding and policy mechanisms to address the region’s housing need.
NPH is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt corporation founded in 1979 as a membership association, now representing over 700 organizations and individuals. As the collective voice of those who support, build and finance affordable housing, NPH promotes the proven methods of the non-profit sector and focuses government policy on housing solutions for lower income people who suffer disproportionately from the housing crisis.
The Policy & Research Intern is a temporary, 6-month position, responsible for providing key staff support on housing policy research and analysis and regional coordination with key partners. This position reports to the Regional Policy Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Policy Research and Analysis
- Assist NPH staff in developing a database of affordable housing related policies across the 9-county region. Topics include: inclusionary ordinances, impact fees, boomerang funds, and other innovative policy or financing mechanisms.
- Assist NPH staff in research on emerging and best practices around affordable housing policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Graduate student in urban planning, public policy, or related field.
- Familiarity with affordable housing policies, local zoning laws and ordinances.
- Previous experience working on affordable housing advocacy campaigns or policy analysis preferred; experience with community development, environmental, transportation, social equity and related fields a plus.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
Competitive compensation package with a stipend or hourly wage and commuter subsidy available.
NPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter (1 page max.), resume (2 page max.), and one (1) writing sample (15 page max.) to:
NPH – Policy & Research Intern Position
369 Pine Street, Suite 350, San Francisco, CA 94104
Subject header: Policy & Research Intern Position
Deadline to receive materials is Friday, April 11th, at 4:00 p.m.