11th Hour Racing Program Coordinator-Newport, RI
Organization: The Schmidt Family Foundation
Position Title: 11th Hour Racing Program Coordinator
Location: Newport, RI
Hours and Compensation: Full time.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2014.
11th Hour Racing, a program of The Schmidt Family Foundation, seeks to mobilize the sailing and marine industry to create systemic change for the improved health of our oceans. We employ a collegial, team approach to carry out a variety of strategic, programmatic and administrative activities.
11th Hour Racing has a small, dynamic team based in Newport, RI. We are looking for a truly exceptional person to support administrative activities, maintain a high-functioning professional space, and facilitate strong management of information and systems. The candidate must have an excellent work ethic, be highly skilled at setting priorities and possess a willingness to jump in with both feet. The successful candidate will be confident, smart, assertive, and highly productive; a quick study who thrives in a high performing organization where standards are extremely high and work is expected to be done quickly, efficiently, and accurately.
- Perform all administrative and clerical functions including email/telephone inquiries, and compose memos, general correspondence, and other documents. Organize and maintain office documents, files, and contracts
- Manage general office materials, supplies, and equipment and facilitate the maintenance of all equipment, serving as primary liaison with all providers and vendors.
- Provide executive-level support as required by Program Manager including coordinating logistics for all meetings and special events
- Maintain grant files; use an online database (FLUXX) to manage individual grant information
- Support multiple initiatives by conducting research on emerging program areas and prospective grantees, developing agendas and producing meeting notes
- Assist in maintaining positive and productive partner and grantee relationships with a wide range of organizations and individuals
- Organize content preparation for website, blog, social media and public relations efforts
- Maintain/share knowledge of current events, the environmental movement, and marine/sailing industry as it relates to programmatic outcomes
- Assist with special/ ad hoc projects as assigned
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL, & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Brings a passion for the mission of 11th Hour Racing, and The Schmidt Family Foundation
- Ability to work effectively in a small organization with an emphasis on teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface and coordinate professionally with a number of diverse internal and external contacts, including grantees, vendors and fellow team members
- Ability to understand organizational structure and work through administrative systems with a keen attention to detail
- Articulate, motivated, resourceful, well-organized, detail-oriented and flexible, able to adapt and envision solutions
- Flexibility to work simultaneously on a wide range of projects and ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of legislative & regulatory processes a plus
- Ability to work both as a team member and individually, with a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Ability to work in Newport, Rhode Island
- Must be able to travel as needed
MINIMUM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- College degree or equivalent education, with a record that demonstrates suitable preparation for this position
- Excellent word processing skills, including strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Efficient with social networking sites, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Experience using an online database strongly preferred
- 2-5 years relevant business experience strongly preferred
- Non-profit experience and/or volunteering experience strongly preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of the environmental movement, and sailing/marine industry strongly preferred
This position does not currently supervise others.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 90% of time spent on the job involves use of a video display terminal; therefore, must be able to sit for extended periods and to utilize standard ergonomics practices. Primarily works in an office environment, requiring the following activity: lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 15 pounds, kneeling, bending. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as copiers and faxes.
Employees must adhere to all applicable 11th Hour Racing and The Schmidt Family Foundation policies and procedures. Regular and predictable attendance is required. Willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours, such as nights and weekends, on an as-needed basis is required. Employees must be able to cope effectively with deadlines and multiple demands.
How to apply:
The position is based in Newport, RI
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits provided.
To apply, email resume and cover letter email@example.com, include the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Application deadline is April 30, 2014.