Sustainability and Outreach Internships-Boston, MA.
Organization: Climate Action Liaison Coalition
Position Title: Sustainability and Outreach Internships
Location: Boston, MA.
Hours and Compensation: 20 hours/week. Unpaid
Application Deadline: April 10, 2014
The Climate Action Liaison Coaltion is hiring two interns for summer 2014 to assist in our programs for internal sustainability and coalition building.
INTERNAL SUSTAINABILITY INTERN:
Internal sustainability initiatives are the most tangible part of CALC’s work with its member businesses. This position involves behind-the-scenes analytics and organization. The internal sustainability intern will be responsible for supervising activities undertaken by businesses and their CALs, keeping tabs on projects and results. The intern will also research potential new projects for businesses and refer them or the CAL to third-party contractors if appropriate (e.g. ThinkLite, Next Step Living). The intern will help develop outcomes from the coalition-wide sustainability data management tool. In addition, interns will track and support case studies of member businesses, contributing necessary information to studies.
COALTION BUILDING INTERN:
Coalition building is a critical part of CALC’s success, accomplished through events planned solely by the coalition and in tandem with other organizations. These events are mostly educational in nature, e.g. impacts of extreme weather on small business operations. This position involves maintaining the organization’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The intern will also write weekly newsletters using MailChimp, updating subscribers on coalition activities and other important local climate news. The intern will also be tasked with tracking outreach to potential new member businesses, keeping an well-organized and updated list of interactions. Intern may be responsible for assisting in maintaining the CALC blog. During the term of the internship, the intern will be tasked with taking ownership of one-larger scale project, to be determined as projects become available.
Start and end dates are flexible, but the ideal candidate will be able to commit at least 3 months between mid-May and the beginning of September.
- Undergraduate/graduate students in any field related to sustainability, or public relations (for outreach interns)
- A solid understanding of sustainable business practices
- Ability to work independently on individual projects as they are assigned
- Ability to work with other organizations outside of the coalition as needed
- For internal sustainability interns, profieiciency in the use of Excel and Excel-based data management tools is essential
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Outreach intern applications should have the ability to utilize several social media platforms, proficiency with MailChimp system is a plus
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample email@example.com. Application materials are due April 10th, 2014. Please put the name of the internship you are applying for in the subject line.