Office Assistant/Intern-Washington DC.
Organization: Center for Clean Air Policy
Position Title: Office Assistant/Intern
Location: Washington DC
Hours and Compensation: Paid position at 35-40 hours per week
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The Center for Clean Air Policy is searching for an assistant to perform administrative tasks for the organization. This would be the perfect job for someone who is interested in gaining professional experience with a non-profit organization. This is a paid position at 35-40 hours per week starting as soon as possible through July 11, 2014, with potential for extension. Benefits will not be included.
The candidate’s duties will include but are not limited to:
- Manage front reception area
- Answer phones and direct messages to staff or voicemail
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail for the office including FedEx/UPS Shipments
- Perform database maintenance
- Oversee the copier and assist with making copies for the staff when necessary
- Maintain office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels, placing orders for office supplies and equipment
- Maintain and handle computer, internet and/or phone problems
- Assist with research
- Undertake other projects directed and/or approved by the supervisor
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, as well as excellent phone and communication skills. Experience working in an office environment and proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, and Excel is preferred. Immediate availability is also preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter email@example.com. To expedite the review process, please type “Office Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail. We regret that we cannot personally respond to every inquiry. No phone calls please.
CCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and firmly supports and recognizes the value of diversity. EOE/m/f/d/v