Program Manager, Contract Management-New York, NY, US
Organization: New York State Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery
Position Title: Program Manager, Contract Management
Location: New York, NY, US
Hours and Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The New York State Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery coordinates & implements State Disaster Recovery programs for Sandy, Irene & Lee for housing, business, infrastructure & community planning.
Governor Cuomo created the Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery (GOSR) in June 2013, to centralize recovery and rebuilding efforts in storm affected municipalities throughout the State of New York. In close collaboration with local and community leaders in these areas, GOSR is working to respond to communities’ most urgent rebuilding needs while also identifying long-term and innovative solutions to strengthen the State’s infrastructure and critical systems for the future. GOSR programs include the NY Rising Housing Recovery Program, which provides homeowners with assistance for home repairs / rehabilitation, mitigation and elevations, and buyouts, and the Small Business program, which provides small business grants of $50,000 or more, as well as low-interest loans.infrastructure and critical systems for the future. Storm Recovery programs include the NY Rising Housing Recovery Program, which provides homeowners with assistance for home repairs/rehabilitation, mitigation and elevation, and buyouts, and the Small Business program, which provides small business grants of $50,000 or more, as well as low-interest loans.infrastructure and critical systems for the future. Storm Recovery programs include the NY Rising Housing Recovery Program, which provides homeowners with assistance for home repairs/rehabilitation, mitigation and elevation, and buyouts, and the Small Business program, which provides small business grants of $50,000 or more, as well as low-interest loans.
The NY Rising Housing Program is seeking to hire two Program Managers whose primary role will be to manage two of GOSR’s largest vendors. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for ensuring the services delivered by the vendor are of a high quality within budget and timely. This position will also serve as the main point of contact for the vendor with GOSR.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing policy and tracking plans to ensure that all services are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Developing strategies to monitor the performance of the vendor and manage the vendor to that strategy including compliance to contract, efficiency, utilization and quality.
- Continually evaluating the performance of the vendor to drive performance improvement through process evaluation and system improvements
- Tracking and managing vendor costs to budget and forecast
- Managing and evaluating the requests from vendor for additional resources
- Providing regular updates on vendor performance to Deputy Director, GOSR teams and senior management on utilization, benefits and opportunities for improved efficiencies
- Identification of opportunities outside the existing services where utilization of vendors would provide advantages to the program through cost reduction or more streamlined processes
- Stakeholder management – setting and managing expectations with key internal staff (leadership, staff, teams, etc.)
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience years sourcing or contracts experience
- Demonstrated excellence in managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing contractors with a strong preference for candidates with an understanding of: construction, disaster recovery, federal and state environmental review processes, and federal verification of benefits processes.
- Ability to maintain a positive, solution-oriented attitude in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to influence
- Excellent communication (oral/ written) and networking skills
- Change management experience
- Ability to travel within and around New York State
How to apply:
All candidates must submit a resume, 3 references, and letter of interest toStormRecoveryJobs@stormrecovery.ny.gov. Please include the name of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. We cannot interpret omissions or vagueness in your favor. You are responsible for an accurate and clear description of your training, work experience, and how you meet the qualifications of the position you are applying for. Please set forth all relevant employment history, including the name of each employer, dates of employment and titles held. Be sure to describe the nature of the work that you personally performed for each position held. If you had supervisory responsibilities, state how many people you supervised and the nature of such supervision.
The Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.