Director of Commercial Programs-Yorktown, NY
Organization: Energize NY
Position Title: Director of Commercial Programs
Location: Yorktown, NY
Hours and Compensation: Full time. 50,000 – 70,000/ annual
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The Energy Improvement Corporation seeks a Director to drive the implementation of Energize New York (ENY) Commercial Programs.
The Energy Improvement Corporation (“EIC”), a New York not for profit, Local Development Corporation, has established the Energize NY Finance Program (ENY Finance), a commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (“PACE”) program to provide financing to property owners in participating municipal member jurisdictions throughout New York State. EIC acts as a constituted authority on behalf of its municipal members pursuant to a municipal agreement and is charged with the administration of the municipality’s PACE programs, including the issuance of debt to permanently fund eligible financings to property owners. ENY Finance is available to eligible commercial, industrial, manufacturing, agricultural, multifamily and institutional property owners to finance energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements that are permanently affixed to privately-owned existing structures.
EIC manages other ENY programs which include community-based energy efficiency and renewable energy marketing programs offered to its municipal members and funded through the Department of Energy (“DOE”) and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (“NYSERDA”) grants and through revenue generated from financing activities. EIC has developed these programs (ENY Residential Program, Commercial Program) to advance the goals of energy improvements in buildings by developing and deploying: community outreach, marketing and messaging, NYSERDA and other utility incentives, ENY Finance, building owner support and enabling technologies to the residents of New York State.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Actively attracts and develops energy improvement projects that are intending to use ENY Finance
- Works with the Energize NY team to build out the demand and acceptance of ENY Finance program within EIC’s member municipalities.
- Leverage the ENY connections to local community groups and NYSERDA’s Multifamily and Commercial upgrade programs to expand demand for ENY Programs.
- Assists in supporting existing energy improvement projects and/or programs in all stages of development and operations.
- Helps manage ENY’s interest in developing new and existing projects.
- Serves as a liaison to program applicants and program participants, including EIC partners, lenders, service providers, third party stakeholders and developers.
- Assists in developing project and program criteria.
- Participates in the evaluation of requests for financing by providing initial assessment of applicant’s proposal in relation to ENY’s investment or project criteria.
- Participates in due diligence activities to obtain and analyze pertinent information relative to the applicant’s proposals.
CUSTOMER SERVICE DELIVERABLES
- Proactive and deliberate approach to serving potential and current program applicants.
- Responds promptly to customer, stakeholder, Board of Directors, and staff requests for information or assistance.
- Acts as a member of the ENY team, pitches in and assists other staff members as requested.
- Provides a work product that is well-conceived, developed, complete and useful to scale-up program deployment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED – KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The following minimum qualifications in knowledge skill and ability are required:
- 2+ years of experience in sales and/or marketing.
- Knowledge of and direct experience in financial and economic analysis.
- Knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficiency policy and energy economics.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, business plans and other financial and legal concepts and documents.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software programs as necessary.
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently in a fast-paced, open office environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet both short-term and long-term deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills involving the ability to work with management and a variety of other parties, at all levels, internally and externally.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications.
- Experience working in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
A Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, business administration or other related field. Two (2) years of experience in developing and managing projects ideally in a field related to clean energy and/or efficiency implementation services. Two (2) years experience in sales and/or marketing.
- A Master’s degree in environmental science, engineering, economics, business administration or other related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the general experience.
- A professional certification in a relevant field may substitute for one (1) additional year of the general experience
Bonus potential based on overall performance of EIC
100% EIC coverage of High Deductible health plan
2-week vacation, 4 personal days, 12 sick days, one day a week flexible schedule
Collaborative and team based environment
How to apply:
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ENY Director, Commercial Programs position or to learn more about ENY:
Call or email Mark Thielking, Executive Director, Energize NY at:
PHONE: 914 302 7300
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE:
TO APPLY FOR THE POSTION VIA EMAIL, FAX OR MAIL, CONTACT
Executive Director, Energize NY
PHONE: 914 302 7300
FAX: 914 302 7301
ADDRESS: 2051 Baldwin Road, Suite 107
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598