Partnership Coordinator-Washington, DC.
Organization: EcoAgriculture Partners
Position Title: Partnership Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC.
Hours and Compensation: $52,000-65,000 full-time equivalent, depending upon experience.
Application Deadline: April 23, 2014
EcoAgriculture Partners is a non-profit organization that works internationally to facilitate sustainable food production, rural livelihoods, and environmental conservation globally (www.ecoagriculture.org). The organization does so by developing and promoting integrative approaches to rural landscape management, by engaging in regional and global policy processes, and by supporting the work of our diverse grassroots and international partners.
A centerpiece of EcoAgriculture’s work is to facilitate and co-lead the Landscapes for People, Food, and Nature Initiative (LPFN)—a collaborative effort with more than 60 partner organizations to advance and scale-up integrated, multi-stakeholder agricultural landscape approaches worldwide. The Initiative develops and communicates the evidence base for such approaches, fosters cross-sectoral dialogue, and implements a global collaborative action agenda. See www.landscapes.ecoagriculture.org,www.blog.ecoagriculture.org.
EcoAgriculture seeks to hire a Partnership Coordinator to join our committed team in our Washington, D.C. headquarters as soon as possible. The position could be structured for 50-100% time and will require occasional national and international travel.
The Partnership Coordinator will assist the President/CEO of EcoAgriculture to:
- Coordinate communications with international partners in the Landscapes for People, Food and Nature initiative (LPFN)
- Organize planning meetings and workshops with LPFN Co-Organizers and Strategic Partners;
- Support development and implementation of strategic collaborative activities with LPFN partners;
- Track organizational partnerships;
- Coordinate work planning and budgeting process of LPFN projects and programs and coordination across LPFN Working Groups;
- Track and prepare progress reports, and maintain project files;
- Oversee updating of LPFN website, blog and publications;
- Undertake other program and organizational tasks as needed.
Required skills and experience:
- Master’s degree in field relevant to integrated landscape management (e.g., agriculture, conservation, planning, food systems, policy, development);
- Passion for the mission of EcoAgriculture Partners;
- Education or experience relevant to integrated landscape management;
- Experience in partnership management and network support;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills;
- Highly organized, with attention to detail;
- Experience and competence working in diverse teams;
- Proactive, flexible and creative;
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills;
- At least five years of relevant professional experience;
- Experienced with computer programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others;
- U.S. citizen or legal resident of the United States with work permit.
- Language proficiency in other international languages, especially Spanish or French;
- At least two years living and working internationally.
Salary and benefits:
- $52,000-65,000 full-time equivalent, depending upon experience;
- Health and retirement benefits, insurance, 29 days of holiday and vacation days per year (adjusted if part-time).
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae; a cover letter describing your background, experience, and interest in this position; two writing samples (maximum of five pages each); and names and contact information for three references in an e-mail message with subject line “Partnership Coordinator – [your name]” to Heather O’Neil firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin April 23, 2014. We seek to fill the position as soon as possible.