Program and Legal Coordinator-Suite A, Arcata, CA
Organization: Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC)
Position Title: Program and Legal Coordinator
Location: Suite A, Arcata, CA
Hours and Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: April 30, 2014
The Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC)is a community-based, public interest organization that works to protect human and natural communities in Northwest California. EPIC is looking for a dynamic and motivated public interest conservation advocacy attorney who has solid legal and scientific technical skills, as well as the social and communication skills necessary for effective organizing in a complex and diverse cultural landscape. The Program and Legal Coordinator position is an entry-level legal staff position at EPIC that requires extensive collaboration with other staff, and is supervised by the Executive Director. This position has strong potential for upward mobility within the organization, eventually growing into a Director position and becoming part of the EPIC management team. The Program and Legal Coordinator must work both independently, and in close collaboration with other EPIC staff, and the EPIC Board of Directors.
Minimum Professional Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (i.e. J.D.) in environmental law and policy. Strong preference given to candidates who have passed the California bar exam. Related degree in environmental sciences, natural resource management, and/or political science is desirable.
- Experience with conservation advocacy, grassroots political organizing, and public interest organizations, preferably with progressive supervisory responsibilities.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and California environmental laws, regulations and policies, specifically those affecting Northwest California’s forests, rivers and biodiversity.
- Experience with promoting and protecting meaningful public participation in decision making regarding natural resource management, and with issues of access to information and government transparency.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team.
For more information please see the following link:
EPIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to consider applying for this position. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
To apply send cover letter, resume, 3 references, and 2 writing samples by April 30, 2014 to:email@example.com. No phone calls please.