Human Resources Manager-Northampton, MA
Organization: Center for EcoTechnology
Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Northampton, MA
Hours and Compensation: This position is a full-time salaried position with benefits
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The Center for EcoTechnology is a non-profit environmental organization which has been in business for over 35 years. We are dedicated to “making green make sense” to a variety of customers ranging from homeowners, to homebuilders to business owners. This position will coordinate all human resources activities for CET under the guidance of the Director of Business Operations, including recruitment, hiring, employee tracking, compliance, training, benefits administration and related activities.
Position responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet departmental needs:
- Manage all aspects of recruitment and develop optimal recruitment strategies
- work with department managers to create/revise thorough job description
- advertise for open positions in established resources while continually pursuing new avenues
- manage responses to candidates, database entry and schedule interviews for selected applicants
- perform screening interviews and 1st interviews as needed
- work to develop standard interview questions and oversee reference checks on prospective staff members
- Supervise management training for interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance reviews, safety, workplace diversity and sexual harassment.
- Act as compliance officer for all internal complaints
- Provide annual training on above topics and as needed for new managers
- Manage HR budget, supervise HR staff members
- Creation of budget annually
- Perform staff reviews annually
- Direct salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Conduct wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Administer workers compensation program
- Investigate accidents and prepare reports for insurance carrier
- Annual compliance reports/postings
- Oversee the on-boarding new staff members
- including new hire orientation, new hire paperwork and Personnel Handbook for each new staff member
- train new staff members on how to use various system such as HRCheckwriters, ExpenseWatch and Sharepoint
- Direct selection and renewal of all of benefits including health, dental, 403b, disability, vacation and effectively communicate benefits policies to staff members
- During onboarding, ensure thorough understanding of all packages
Manage open enrollment process from setting up meetings to effectively communicating changes, to gathering completed paperwork
- Maintain successful employee relations
- Build trusting relationships with staff members
- If separation occurs, manage all last day checklist requirements
- Coordinate annual reviews for staff
- Provide notice to Executive team and managers about annual review process and timeline
- Facilitate feedback for managers as requested
- Ensure all reviews are saved electronically and in paper form signed within staff member’s personnel file
Review existing policies; research and recommend additional policies and procedures to director as needed
- At least four years of experience in a human resources department
- Experience with performing multiple functions in a human resources department
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision/training in carrying out job responsibilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management
- Specific knowledge of Massachusetts employment laws and practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills for recruiting new staff and handling confidential situations
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and databases
- Initiative for improving personnel procedures and policies
- Passion for the environment and the non-profit workplace
How to apply:
This position is a full-time salaried position with benefits located in Northampton. Occasional travel to Springfield location and weekly travel to Pittsfield office will be required. CET is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to:
Amanda Bates, HR Assistant
112 Elm St
Pittsfield, MA 01201