EVENTS MANAGER- BOSTON, MA
Position Title: Event Manager.
Location: Boston, MA.
Hours and Compensation: CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
Application Deadline: Not listed.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) seeks an experienced events manager to serve as an integral member of an eight-member development team. The events manager will design, manage and execute engaging meetings and events to grow and cultivate CLF’s donor and volunteer base. The events manager reports to the Vice President for Development. This is a full-time exempt position based in Boston, MA. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Lead execution of all Development-led events to further engage and cultivate new and existing relationships;
- Work with Development team and CLF leadership to help evaluate potential future events;
- Work with all appropriate CLF staff and volunteers to plan and execute events;
- Specific responsibilities will include:
- Set event timeline and communicate appropriately, often on behalf of VP for Development;
- Lead event planning meetings
- Set agenda
- Send follow-up action lists
- Project manage all communications materials – invitations, interpretive materials, take-aways, follow-up letters, etc.—with Communications department;
- Monitor and track event expenses, work on budget development and budget; manage, process invoices through Finance department;
- Develop a staffing plan;
- Track RSVPs and create event lists (basic querying) in Raiser’s Edge;
- Communicate event status to appropriate staff and volunteers (# of RSVP’s, event timeline, staff assignments);
- Work with prospect research staff to ensure research and briefings are completed in timely manner;
- On-site event management;
- Other duties related to events as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, as well as 3-5 years of development experience or related event management experience required;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are expected, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as superior organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to manage several projects at various stages of completion. Good problem- solving skills;
- Experience and a high degree of proficiency working with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Willingness to travel to state offices within New England with occasional nighttime and weekend work;
- An understanding of environmental issues and a background in environmental studies or advocacy are a plus;
- Experience and success working with communities of color and low-income communities highly desired;
- Strong work ethic coupled with the ability to be flexible in a dynamic work setting;
- Good sense of humor.
Salary and Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Events Manager” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please.