Program Assistant ( interdisciplinary)-Boston, MA.
Position Title: Program Assistant ( interdisciplinary)
Location: Boston, MA.
Hours and Compensation: CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
Application Deadline: No later than June 10, 2014
CLF has an immediate opening in its Boston office for a Program Assistant. The position provides a wide range of general and legal administrative support to three attorneys in the Clean Energy & Climate Change, Clean Water & Healthy Forests, and Healthy Communities and Environmental Justice program areas. The program assistant also provides some support to CLF Ventures, an affiliate of CLF. Reporting to the Director of Operations and to the Massachusetts Advocacy Center Director, the program assistant will collaborate with advocacy staff and directly support the Boston office. The program assistant will not only perform regular administrative duties but will also actively participate in program advocacy. This fun, varied, and challenging position will require regular contact and collaboration with advocacy staff from each CLF program area and state office. CLF is seeking a bright self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment and welcomes the exciting challenges of working for a regional environmental advocacy organization dedicated to the mission of protecting New England’s environment and communities. People of color are encouraged to apply.
- Proofread and format correspondence for CLF letterhead, prepare and mail correspondence (occasionally requires mail merge)
- Assist with preparation of Powerpoint presentations for advocates’ meetings
- Assist with preparation of reports to foundations and other communication materials
- Assist with travel arrangements including securing airfare, rental car, and accommodations
- Schedule meetings with external parties; can entail creating a Doodle or Google poll and tracking responses
- Participate in various program meetings, and meetings with, program assistants/office managers
- Design and create professional factsheets, maps, presentations, and graphics
- Analyze data using Excel; also create graphs and tables with the software
- Conduct factual and historical research on a wide range of issues
- Access publicly available records, both electronic and paper
- Provide general office support, such as troubleshooting issues related to computers, video conferencing, and printers
- Provide front desk administrative support as needed (breaks and absences)
- Serve as primary back-up to other assistants
- Draft communications materials, e.g., blog posts, web content
- Arrange and set up coalition meetings at CLF
- Assist with expense reports, reimbursements, and check requests
- Organize and maintain up-to-date materials
- Coordinate efforts between CLFV and other agencies
- Attend external meetings with Sr. Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and CLFV Consultant.
- Become familiar with each court’s/agency’s rules, procedures and general legal citations
- Proofread court filings and exhibits and format appropriately according to each court’s/agency’s rules
- Prepare, photocopy, and transmit documents according to each court’s/agency’s rules (electronically file and/or hand file and/or post via first-class mail); also file with service list
- Proofread and format briefs for filing
- Create Table of Contents and Table of Authorities for legal briefs
- Download, save, and maintain notices received through the electronic filing system
- Manage case files: organize hard copies of legal filings, as well as discovery and background documents in binders with tables of contents
- Review court/case deadlines and calendar for advocates
- Prepare binders and copies as needed for court hearings/evidentiary hearings
- Coordinate with court clerks on filings
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) plus a minimum of 1-3 years’ relevant office experience is preferred; experience supporting senior staff preferred.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, environmental issues is preferred.
- The ability to work independently and to simultaneously manage several projects at various stages of completion.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well with a wide range of people in a collaborative fashion, including staff, interns, volunteers, policy-makers, stakeholders and the general public.
- Strong administrative abilities, with demonstrated capacity to perform a wide range of office functions efficiently.
- Excellent research, analytical, verbal, and writing skills.
- Experience and a high degree of proficiency working with the Microsoft Office 2007 suite.
- Experience and a high degree of proficiency working with WordPress, Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong skills with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Strong work ethic coupled with the ability to be flexible and supportive in a dynamic, sometimes demanding work setting.
- Good sense of humor.
Salary and Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “Program Assistant” the subject of your e-mail. Application materials must be received no later than June 10, 2014. No phone calls please.