Transportation Program Intern-Washington, DC.
Organization: American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
Position Title: Transportation Program Intern
Location: Washington, DC
Hours and Compensation: 40 hours/week. Paid.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2014
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national nonprofit research organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an intern for its Transportation Program. ACEEE is dedicated to advancing and deploying energy efficiency technologies, policies, and programs as a means of promoting economic prosperity, energy security, and environmental protection.
This position will focus on assisting the Transportation team with preparations for ACEEE’s annual vehicle consumer resource, Greenercars.org. Vehicles listed in[[http:Greenercars.org|Greenercars.org]] earn a Green Score based on a lifecycle analysis of air emissions and energy use.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research on technical issues relating to vehicles and their impacts and assist in updating the 2014[[http:Greenercars.org|Greenercars.org]] methodology report
- Conduct research on upcoming alternative technology vehicles for model year 2015
- Assist in updating and re-organizing information on[[http:Greenercars.org|Greenercars.org]]
- Candidate should be working towards or have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Interest in and familiarity with vehicle and transportation issues. Familiarity with vehicle technologies and operation preferred.
- Strong Excel analytical skills. Experience with Visual Basic programming preferred.
- Strong internet and interview-based research ability.
- Strong HTML coding or Dreamweaver skills preferred.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage multiple assignments (as needed), work efficiently, and meet deadlines.
This is an 8-10 week, full-time, paid summer internship. Start date flexible.
How to apply:
Please send a resume with cover letter and brief (1-2 pages) writing sample to email@example.com. Please use “Summer Transportation Intern” in the subject header. We do not accept calls about our internships.