Executive Assistant-Boston, MA.
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Boston, MA.
Hours and Compensation: Comprehensive benefits offered.
Application Deadline: May 19, 2014
Ceres is a national network of investors, environmental organizations and other public interest groups working with companies and investors to address sustainability challenges such as global climate change. Ceres also launched and directs the Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a group of 100 leading institutional investors with collective assets of over $10 trillion.
Ceres plays a unique role in the national environmental and sustainability movement by bringing the perspective and power of investors to environmental and sustainability issues and specifically to the performance, practices and policies of corporations. Today Ceres is a growing organization with expanding influence in the investment, environmental, corporate and policy arenas. Our program activities seek to foster greater public disclosure of environmental and social impacts by corporations, encourage engagement between companies and their stakeholders, and create opportunities for collaborative dialogue leading to positive change on key sustainability issues. To this end, we are harnessing the influence of the nation’s largest investors to move high-impact companies, the financial and insurance industries, and policymakers toward bold action on climate and sustainability. For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
We seek an energetic go-getter to assist three executive level staff at Ceres. The primary duties are supporting the Executive Director (ED) / Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Climate & Energy Programs (VP, CE) and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This is a crucial position, providing administrative support for senior staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for meetings led by the ED the CFO, and the VP, CE, often including taking minutes
- Act as primary point of contact for the ED, the CFO, and the VP, CE; prioritize phone calls and correspondence, determine actions and ensure appropriate follow-through
- Schedule appointments and oversee travel arrangements for the ED, the CFO and the VP, CE, synchronizing such activities with the President’s calendar
- Help develop and manage program support systems, including organization wide tools and resources for annual planning, activity/events, deliverable tracking, and calendars
- As directed by the CFO, assist the finance team performing data entry, collecting monthly credit card reports and payment requests for all staff, collecting and tracking vendor invoices, and scanning financial documents.
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, and sending faxes and correspondence for the ED, the CFO, and the VP, CE
- Act as secondary back-up for answering the general Ceres phone line, greeting visitors, and routing deliveries
- Provide conference and event support
- Bachelor degree, preferred.
- Associate degree, required.
- Two years of professional, office, work experience, required.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; working with three senior individuals the pace will be fast with various and numerous projects.
- Ability to manage projects through to completion; handle and prioritize multiple tasks; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to creating and continually improving systems.
- Sound judgment, high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to handle confidential information and to maintain a high level of discretion, diplomacy and courtesy in all contacts with staff, board and external people.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including professional telephone communications and good writing ability.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Strong willingness to continue learning and interest in incorporating learning into work environment.
How to apply:
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying:www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, list of three references, two writing samples, and a letter describing their qualifications, interests, and potential contribution.
Please list “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Address all correspondence to:
Careers at Ceres
ATTN: Executive Assistant
Email (preferred): email@example.com
99 Chauncy Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.