IT Project Manager-Watertown, MA
Organization: Pathfinder International
Position Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Watertown, MA
Hours and Compensation: Full time.
Application Deadline: Not listed
This job will start on or after July 1, 2014
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The Information Systems Unit is tasked with shaping and supporting the use of technology throughout Pathfinder to enable and further our mission. The technologies supported range from standard infrastructure systems, such as communications, networks, user systems, servers, and storage to complex business systems that handle Pathfinder’s financial and programmatic data.
Plans and manages a variety of IT projects throughout Pathfinder International. Responsible for all aspects of project management, ensuring successful delivery against internal customer expectations. Manages projects in an international environment, motivating team members across departments and time zones to successfully complete projects on time and on budget. Provides overall transparency into the ISU portfolio of projects.
- As assigned, lead planning and/or implementation of projects for current and new systems and technologies. May participate in planning, design, implementation, documentation, training and/or testing phases.
- Direct the definition of project mission, goals, tasks, budgets and resource requirements.
- Understand client needs and translate into project scope. Set realistic expectations, establish customer satisfaction standards and actively monitor customer satisfaction. Adapt quickly to changing conditions that may impact scope, budget or time and communicate changes in a timely manner.
- Follow a defined, agreed-upon project management methodology.
- Assemble project staff and monitor performance. Organize and conduct effective team meetings.
- Ensure delivery of objectives within prescribed timeframe, managing budget and resource allocation.
- Build coalitions among various stakeholders; negotiate authority to move projects forward.
- Create a sense of belonging and ownership among team members; assemble a team with the right mix of skills; coach and motivate team members; delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel; and promote mutual support and interaction.
- Make decisions and take timely independent action in pursuit of priorities.
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements.
- Lead and/or participate in organizational change plan to ensure adoption.
- Create and follow through on agreed upon communication plans to maintain transparency with all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Responsible for overall coordination of user acceptance testing and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of increasingly responsible experience with outstanding track record of successful delivery (4 years’ experience will be acceptable if candidate has a Master’s degree in a related field).
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, web technologies, and financial systems.
- Experience leading a diverse set of IT implementation projects, such as risk, infrastructure and application initiatives, following the full life-cycle methodology from inception to transition to production and post-implementation.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership including the ability to manage and lead without direct authority.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, external stakeholders and other offices and departments.
- Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including phases, techniques and tools.
- Strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and compelling manner. Ability to interpret technical procedures to lay personnel.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to listen effectively and clarify as needed. Able to interpret verbal and non-verbal messages.
- Ability to handle broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and external audiences.
- Superior interpersonal, conflict resolution, team-building, motivation and negotiating skills.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project and Visio.
- Appreciation for diverse cultures and ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired.
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles helpful.
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV software platform a plus.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please apply online at:http:www.pathfinder.org/about-us/careers/employment-opportunities/