Federal Affairs Intern-Washington, DC.
Organization: Wildlife Conservation Society (DC Office)
Position Title: Federal Affairs Intern
Location: Washington, DC.
Hours and Compensation: 24 hours/ week. Unpaid
Application Deadline: Not listed.
The Washington, D.C. Office of the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) seeks motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Federal Affairs interns for the summer term (May through August). These interns will have the opportunity to help shape policy that will protect wildlife and natural resources on a global scale, and learn about the legislative process first-hand.
The components of this internship will include the following:
- Track developments in Congress and relevant Federal Agencies related to natural resources, foreign policy and climate change
- Research and analyze federal funding allocations to programs addressing natural resources, foreign policy and climate change
- Attend briefings and hearings on Capitol Hill
The ideal candidate for this internship should be a current Master’s degree student with a concentration in political affairs, foreign policy, climate change, natural resources policy or a law student with a strong interest/background in legislation and policy. Advanced undergraduate students will also be considered.
Additional qualifications for an ideal candidate include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest/background in wildlife conservation, foreign policy, climate change, and other federal legislative issues
- Willingness to take initiative, and the ability to collaborate effectively as a member of a team
- Commitment of 25 hours/week
This internship is unpaid but there is a travel stipend. Academic credit is provided, if applicable.
How to apply:
For full consideration of your application for this internship, please submit a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample. Please include in your cover letter your interest in this internship and your availability.
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “DC Federal Affairs Intern” in the subject of your email.