Environmental Scientist – Hunt Valley, MD
Organization: O’Brien & Gere
Title: Environmental Scientist
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Hours and Compensation: commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: open until filled
O’Brien & Gere is an employee-owned engineering and project delivery company with over 850 scientists, engineers, construction, and operations personnel located in offices across the U.S.
The Firm is a leader in providing energy, environmental, water, and facilities solutions. O’Brien & Gere’s integrated 360° life-cycle delivery model reduces project cycle time and creates value for its public and private sector clients.
O’Brien & Gere is currently seeking a Scientist with a background in natural science to join the firm’s Eco-Sciences practice in our Landover or Hunt Valley, MD office. This individual will work closely with engineers and scientists in the performance of tasks related to identification, investigation, protection, and permitting of natural resources.
The Environmental Scientist is responsible for performing environmental work relating to natural resource projects. The candidate will be responsible for duties that include some or all of the following:
- Assist in conducting wetland delineations and natural resource/forest stand delineations.
- Work with a team of scientists, engineers, and project managers for the completion of environmental resource permitting in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Possibly managing and leading field teams.
- Work a variety of scientific tasks including preparing, developing and writing component portions of reports, investigatory studies, and risk assessment.
- Travel, primarily in Maryland, is required.
A successful candidate will apply advanced skills in the following areas: wetland delineation, natural resource/forest stand delineations, land use permitting, agency interaction, leading field teams, and project management. Excellent communication, report writing, computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project/task management skills are required. A valid driver’s license is also required.
How To Apply
Visit http://www.obg.com/Careers/listing.aspx?jobid=702 to view the listing and apply online.