Research Assistant, Transatlantic Academy- Washington DC
Organization: The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF)
Title: Research Assistant, Transatlantic Academy
Location: Washington DC
Hours and Compensation: unpaid
Application Deadline: until filled
Posted On: Nov. 28, 2011
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is a non-partisan American public policy and grantmaking institution dedicated to promoting better understanding and cooperation between North America and Europe on transatlantic and global issues.
The Transatlantic Academy serves as a forum for a select group of scholars from both sides of the Atlantic and from different academic and policy disciplines to examine a single set of issues.
The Research Assistants for the Academy work with the Fellows on their specific research topics and provide research and administrative support as needed. The Academy’s theme for this year is the “Competition for Natural Resources: The New Geopolitical Great Game?” which will see fellows examining how North America and Europe can form a linked approach to managing the threats and opportunities that will arise from the nexus of energy, land, water, minerals and climate politics.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Conducting research; and
- Providing administrative assistance.
- Must have received or be pursuing a Bachelor degree in International Relations, Economics, Environmental Studies, Security or other related field.
- Experience doing background research on geopolitics, scarce resources, and/or environmental change is a plus.
- Experience in map and chart production is also highly desired.
- Have excellent communication, analytical, organizational and writing skills.
- Have previous research experience.
- Be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and references to email@example.com. Please reference job title in the subject line and be sure to describe your specific dates of availability, anticipated weekly schedule, and your relevant background and qualifications for this position. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only contact candidates of interest.