Assistant in Film Production
Organization: Young Voices for the Planet
Job Title: Assistant
Hours and Compensation: 10 hours starting ASAP
Application Deadline: ASAP
Posted on: Dec 1
Young Voices for the Planet is an educational and environmental non-profit organization whose mission is to promote greater awareness in young people about energy, ecology and the environment. Our films and curriculum document success stories of youth affecting global climate change through C02 reduction projects, speaking out, taking action and creating change.
The films have been screened widely: at science centers and museums such as the American Museum of Natural History in NY and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science; at the COP 15 Climate talks, the United Nations; and at many conferences, film festivals, and at scientific and educational institutions.
The films are linked on dozens of websites of educational groups such as National Geographic and the National Education Association, non-profits such as National Wildlife Federation, and government organizations such as the Environmental Protection Agency. They are used in Energy Audit workshops by groups such as Audubon, Earth Force, Project Globe, the Jane Goodall Institute and CIRES at University of Colorado. By beginning workshops with the empowering messages of the films instead of gloom and doom we find that youth and adults alike become open to hearing the facts about the science of climate change and go from hopeless to hopeful, from apathy to action.
Description and Qualifications:
We seek a MAC user with:
1. Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Constant Contact and data entry
2. Strong internet skills to create FACEBOOK and Wiki pages, post on youtube, constant contact and twitter and to
3. Strong writing skills for press releases, e-mails, grant proposals
4. A pleasant telephone manner and Ability to interface with youth and groups linking to and using the films in their programs: science museums, educational institutions, government, agencies, bookstores, scientists and environmental groups
5. Ability to upload the films through “Without a box” and submit them to film festivals
6. Organizational skills/ Film production Assistant to schedule camera crews, make plane and rental car reservations, and obtain written permission for filming at schools or elsewhere
7. Administrative skills to create and obtain licensing contracts and releases from vendors for music, photos and footage in the films and for everyone appearing in the films
8. Creativity to help develop an advertising strategy to promote the YVFP film project
9. Patience to fill orders for DVD’s and keep track with excel spreadsheets
10. Film experience a plus but not essential
How to Apply:
Send resume to YoungVoicesforthePlanet@gmail.com