Dates and DeadlinesApplication Deadline: January 1
(late applications will be considered)
For inquires contact the Conservatory Admissions Office:
Applications will go live September 15. Check back for a link.
Application InstructionsAll materials must be uploaded to the online application:
- An initial pre-screening recording
- Two letters of recommendation.
- *Transcripts from schools attended (see note below)
- A repertoire list of collaborative piano works studied.
- A completed online application
Please request an official copy of your academic transcript. Transcripts should be mailed to:
Bard College Conservatory of Music
30 Campus Road, P.O. Box 5000
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
Prescreening RepertoireAn initial screening recording which
- includes two contrasting selections with voice (may be arias or songs)
- two contrasting selections with instrument (may be movements from the sonata duo or concerto repertoire)
- one or two selections for solo piano. These may be drawn from any of the solo piano repertoire but should demonstrate both technical command and musical maturity.
Although Slate technically supports media files as large as 2 GB, please be advised that larger files will take longer to upload from your Internet connection and may stall if you are on a wireless connection or one that cannot sustain a connection for the necessary period of time. Uploaded documents may contain no more than 75 pages. Slate support the following file formats:
Video: .avi, .flv, .m1v, .m2v, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .mpeg, .mpg, .mp4, .wmv
Audio: .aac, .aif, .aiff, .iff, .fla, .m4a, .mpa, .mp3, .ra, .wav, .wma
Final Audition RepertoireFinal auditions are by invitation only and generally take place on the Bard campus from mid-March through early April. Specific dates and times are worked out individually with each finalist.
The repertoire for the final auditions is:
1. Franck - Sonata in A major, 1st and 2nd movements only.
2. Beethoven - Piano and Violin Sonata No. 7 in C minor, Op. 30 No. 2, 1st movement only
3. Richard Strauss - Cäcilie (in the high key, E major)
4. Igor Stravinsky - from The Rake's Progress: Act I, Scene 3: Ann Truelove's aria 'No word from Tom", complete (i.e. until the end of the act)
5. A solo piece of your choosing. (Repertoire from the prescreening audio may be repeated.)
An instrumentalist and a singer is provided for all final auditions.