FAQ WHAT IS YOUR WITHDRAWAL POLICY?
- Before June 23rd, students may withdraw with a full refund minus a $25 fee.
- After June 23rd no refunds will be given.
WHAT IS THE ATTENDANCE POLICY?
- Students are required to attend all days and classes for the duration of the camp. If there are special circumstances that may affect camp attendance, please discuss this with us before registering.
DO YOU PROVIDE SCHOLARSHIPS OR DISCOUNTS?
- Bard College employees receive a 10% discount.
- There is limited scholarship available based upon need*. To be eligible, a family must demonstrate that its resources are insufficient to cover the total cost of tuition.
In order to receive a scholarship, students must be enrolled in the full day camp.
To submit a request for financial aid, please provide the following:
1. A copy of your most recent tax return (1040 form, page 1 is sufficient)
2. A brief letter of explanation regarding any extenuating financial circumstances.
All information is confidential.
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN BLUM OFFICE BY MARCH 22, 2014
*Please note: At this time, scholarship considerations will be limited to current students of the Bard Conservatory Preparatory Division.
WILL LUNCH BE PROVIDED?
- Lunch is not provided. Students should bring their own lunch and snacks.
WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO STUDY TWO INSTRUMENTS?
- Yes, at an additional cost of $140 for 2 lessons.
WILL THERE BE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADDITIONAL PRIVATE LESSONS DURING AND AFTER CAMP?
- Yes, at an additional cost of $80 per lesson.
- Depending on teacher’s schedule, these extra lessons may take place during or after camp hours.
- Private lessons are also available during different weeks. Please contact the directors for more information.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO SIGN UP FOR INDIVIDUAL CLASSES?
- Students not able to attend the full day may sign up for the individual classes offered during the regular camp session. Please see the Summer Camp Programs page for details.
What is the Saturday Schedule?
- Both Camp weeks culminate in a Recital on the final Saturday - July 12 and July 19 respectively. The recitals will take place at 11 am. In some cases dress rehearsals will take place before the final recitals, but the recitals will be the last event of the camp weeks. Recitals will be complete by 1 pm and then students are done for the week.
WILL MY SCHEDULE BE THE SAME EVERY DAY?
- It will be similar from day to day. Each student will receive a daily schedule for the week on the first day of camp.
WHERE WILL THE CAMP TAKE PLACE?
- The camp will take place in the new László Z. Bitó ’60 Conservatory and Edith C. Blum Buildings on the Bard College campus.
At 3 pm, students signed up for the optional After-Camp Tennis Mini-Camp will have 10 minutes to change clothes before walking with a Bard Music Camp staff member to the Bard Tennis courts.
Parents of Tennis campers should pick up students at the Bard Tennis courts at 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Every day of the Tennis mini-camp (Monday-Friday) students should bring:
• Tennis Racket
• Water Bottle
• Extra Snack to be eaten on the way to the courts
• A change of clothes suitable for tennis play - tennis shoes, athletic shorts, t-shirt, etc. in a portable bag
*Clothes should be dropped off, in a bag labeled with the student's name, in the lounge at morning drop off. After the students change clothes at 3 pm, they should put their day clothes in the bag and take it with them to the tennis courts.
Instruments are to be left at the Bard Music Camp building in the afternoon. Students that wish to take instruments home after tennis camp should plan to return to the Music Camp building with their parents between 4:30-5:00 to pick them up. Instruments left after 5 pm will be locked up for the night and will be available at 9 am the following morning.
Tuition for After-Camp Tennis Mini-Camp is $100 for each week.
Ages 5-9 Monday July 7 to Friday July 11 3:30-4:30 pm
Ages 10-18 Monday July 14 to Friday 18 3:30-4:30 pm