The Preparatory Program’s mission is to offer well-rounded music education for each child. To ensure an enriching and comprehensive learning experience, lessons are matched with a class in musicianship.
Below are the available options for your consideration. If you have any questions about the course content or selections most appropriate for your child, please contact the program directors at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
or reach Susanne at (646) 456-8795 or Ryan at (615) 498-4996.
Schedule & Fees 2014-2015
Please note: Application fee is waived for returning students and siblings of current students.
13 Prep weeks per semester
Fall Semester 2014: SATURDAYS September 6 - December 13
(no classes October 11 or November 29)
Snow Date - December 20Fall Semester 2014: TUESDAY Dates To Be DeterminedSpring 2015: SATURDAYS January 24 - May 9
(no classes February 14, March 28, April 4)
Snow Date 1 - May 16
Snow Date 2 - March 28Spring Semester 2015: TUESDAY Dates To Be Determined
Tuition listed below is per semester:
EARLY CHILDHOOD MUSIC PROGRAM Music and Movement Class 9:45AM to 10:30AM(13 weeks per semester: 45 minute classes)Children's Chorus 10:30AM to 11:00AM
(ages 3 to 6)
(13 weeks per semester: 30 minute classes)
Music and Movement Class* 11:00AM to 12:00PM or 1:00PM to 2:00PM(13 weeks per semester: 60 minute classes)
Ages 3-4 years old Music & Movement AND Chorus: $410
Ages 5-6 years old Music & Movement AND Chorus: $460Please note: Some four year olds may qualify for private or group lessons. Contact the directors for more information.
* 5-6 year old Music and Movement can be taken as the musicianship requirement for the Full Program.
FULL PROGRAM (ages 5 to 18)
Classes below include private lessons of varying lengths and a 60-minute musicianship* class.
* Music and Movement will substitute as Musicianship classes for students ages 5 and 6The Prep Program does not offer private lessons separate from the FULL PROGRAM.
- 30-min. lesson and musicianship class: $1,020
- 45-min. lesson and musicianship class: $1,345
- 60-min. lesson and musicianship class: $1,670
30-minute private lessons $585
45-minute private lessons $878
60-minute private lessons $1,170
Instruments offered: piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, guitar, clarinet, saxophone, voice, composition
All class times are subject to change
The following optional classes can be taken without enrolling in the division lesson and musicianship class:
- Vocal Ensemble
- Cello Ensemble
- Violin Ensemble
- Senior String Ensemble
- Chamber Music
- Secondary Instruments
- Chinese Language Class and Private Lessons
CHORUS for ages 3-6
10:30AM to 11:00AM
MUSICIANSHIP CLASS (various levels)
- 30-minute: $180 ($150 for Prep voice students)
- 30-minute: $180 ($150 for Prep cello students)
- 30-minute: $180 ($150 for Prep violin students)
Ages 9-14 (or by consultation with director)
open to violin, viola, cello, double bassString Ensemble 1:00PM to 2:00PM
- $145 for non-enrolled Prep student or
- $80 for students enrolled in the FULL PROGRAM
CHAMBER MUSIC (must be approved by faculty)
- 30-minute: $250
- 45-minute: $375
- 60-minute: $500
for FULL PROGRAM students ONLY
(piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, guitar, clarinet, saxophone, voice, composition)
- 30-minute lessons: additional $525
- 45-minute lessons: additional $775
- 60-minute lessons: additional $1,025
Secondary Instrument tuition is a discounted rate available only for students enrolled in the FULL PROGRAM.
The Prep Program does not offer private lessons separate from the FULL PROGRAM.CHINESE LANGUAGE CLASS AND PRIVATE LESSONS
(for all ages & levels)
class times TBD
- 30-minute class: $90
- 45-minute class: $130
- 30-minute private lessons: $195
- 45-minute private lessons: $260
Refund Policy A full refund will be made for withdrawal before the start of classes. A refund of 80 percent will be made for withdrawal before the second Saturday of each semester. No refund will be made after the second Saturday of the semester.
All class times are subject to change