Announcements and Updates
CONGRATULATIONS SENIORS! It has been our pleasure to support you during your time at Bard. We are proud of each of you, and wish you much luck and joy as you move into the next phase of your lives
FOR AFTER HOURS OR WEEKEND EMERGENCIES
- SUMMER HOURS - June 8th - July 29th Counseling Service will be open limited hours to support graduate students while on campus for the summer. The hours are posted in the sidebar. Summer students should submit a request online if you wish to meet with the counselor during your stay on campus.
- LAST WEEK - May 23 through May 27
Students in crisis can visit our offices at any time during office hours, or call security after hours to reach our on-call counselor.
(when classes are in session), please call security at 845-758-7460
and ask for the counselor on duty. If your situation is not an emergency but you want to talk it through with a trained peer anonymously, please call security and ask for the BRAVE Counselor.
You can also call ULIFELINE, the National Mental Health Hotline and speak with a trained local hotline counselor ANYTIME:
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Bard Health Insurance for Off-Campus Mental Health Services
CDPHP provides coverage for some off-campus psychotherapy and psychiatric visits. Coverage for mental health services is 90% after the $100 deductible is met. A Certificate of Coverage for 2015-16 describing coverage, exclusions, and premiums of the Student Accident and Sickness Insurance Plan for Bard College is available here: Certificate of Coverage
You should always discuss payment with your provider prior to the first appointment. Payment may be required at the time of service, but most providers will file a claim on your behalf. All claims should be submitted by your provider in a timely manner.
In the event of an emergency, never delay treatment. Go immediately to the nearest hospital. In this case your insurance company should be notified as soon as possible.
What if I waived the Bard College Health Insurance?
If you waived the Bard College Health Insurance, then your family/private insurance is your primary insurance for all off-campus referrals.
It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with your family/private insurance plan. If your plan is a PPO or HMO, you may need to find a participating provider and verify benefits.To find a provider in your network you can call member services or visit your insurance company's website (member services numbers & website information are usually listed on the back of your insurance card). You should call or visit member services before you schedule an appointment, otherwise you risk benefits being paid at a reduced rate or not at all.
BARD / CDPHP Resources
Links to Insurance Forms and Web Resources
- Certificate of Coverage - Click here to download a detailed description of the 2015-2016 policy.
- Provider Look-up - Click here to find a provider using the CDPHP provider search. Scroll to bottom of the page.
- Claim Form - Click here to download a CDPHP claim form
- Claims Status - Click here to check on the status of a submitted claim. You will need to register as a CDPHP member to access this service.