Announcements and Updates
LET’S TALK—a Bard Counseling program that offers free, informal, confidential consultations 3X each week with Bard counselors; no appointment needed. See side bar for details.
The Drug and Alcohol Use Support Group is being offered on Friday evenings, Hopson Cottage (admissions building) from 6-7pm. Contact email@example.com for more info or just show up.
Settling Into Bard Group For Freshman, transfers and any student who is struggling to feel a sense of belonging to the Bard community. New day and time are being set. Contact Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Understanding Self and Others Group forming. Gain insight and self-awareness, sharpen interpersonal skills, connect with other students. Contact email@example.com if interested.
9/30/16 Body Fest, Friday 12-4pm; tabling with lots of info, food, dance, music, temp tatoos, book giveaways.
10/13/16 Test Your Mood: Depression and Anxiety Screenings. Free, anonymous, confidential, with giveaways, consults with Bard Counselors and info about resources at Bard and in the community. Collaborating with BRAVE and NAMI.
FOR AFTER HOURS OR WEEKEND EMERGENCIES:
please call security at 845-758-7460
and ask for the counselor on duty. If your situation is not an emergency but you want to talk it through with a trained peer anonymously, please call security and ask for the BRAVE Counselor.
You can also call ULIFELINE, the National Mental Health Hotline and speak with a trained local hotline counselor ANYTIME:
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Community Appointment Transportation Services
- Counseling- We offer primarily short-term, problem-focused counseling for individuals, couples, and groups.
- Groups- There are a number of support groups on campus for students. Some are organized and run through Counseling Services, while others are administered by other offices or organizations on campus. See the side bar for the current list of active groups.
- Let's Talk- A program that provides easy access to informal confidential consultations with Bard counselors. Counselors hold walk-in hours on a weekly basis. There is no appointment or fee necessary. See side bar for up to date info about locations and times.
- Psychiatric Services- Students who are enrolled in Bard Counseling may be referred to our consulting psychiatrist for an evaluation or for medication management. There is a one-time charge of $25 for an initial psychiatric evaluation, payable by check, cash or it can be billed to the student through Student Accounts.
- Nutrition- Our consulting nutritionist offers individual meetings as well as community programming for students with questions or concerns related to food, diet, and nutrition.Please call to schedule an appointment at 845-758-7433. The nutritionist is available to meet one-on-one Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Bard Student Resource Group provides free transportation for students with off-campus mental health needs. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for driving availability.