Announcements and Updates
Welcome back to campus. We hope you all had a great summer break, and are renewed and refreshed for another outstanding academic adventure.
- Starting Monday, August 31 Let's Talk Program is back in business. Stop by one of the three regularly scheduled session to chat informally with a counselor from Bard Counseling Services. See the sidebar for hours and locations.
- FOR AFTER HOURS OR WEEKEND EMERGENCIES (when classes are in session), please call security at 845-758-7460 or 845-758-7777 and ask for the counselor on duty.
Community Appointment Transportation Services
- Counseling- We offer primarily short-term, problem-focused counseling for individuals, couples, and groups.
- Groups- Current groups include: Grief Group, Managing Anxiety and Depression, Sexual Assault Survivors Support Group (contact firstname.lastname@example.org), Drug and Alcohol Recovery Group (contact email@example.com). For more information about available groups, please call us at 845-758-7433.
- Stress Reduction Workshop Series- Thursdays 5:30-6:30pm, Admissions (Hopson Cottage).
- Let's Talk- A program that provides easy access to informal confidential consultations with Bard counselors. Counselors hold walk-in hours on a weekly basis. There is no appointment or fee necessary. See side bar for up to date info about locations and times.
- Psychiatric Services- Students who are enrolled in Bard counseling may be referred to our consulting psychiatrist for evaluation or medication management. There is a one-time charge of $25 for an initial psychiatric evaluation, payable by check, cash or it can be billed to the student through Student Accounts.
- Nutrition- Our consulting nutritionist offers individual meetings as well as community programming for students with questions or concerns related to food, diet, and nutrition.Please call to schedule an appointment at 845-758-7433. The nutritionist is available to meet one-on-one Fridays 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Bard Student Resource Group provides free transportation for students with off-campus mental health needs. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for driving availability.