Announcements and Updates
OPEN CLINIC HOURS BEGIN 11/28/16
Bard Open Clinic Hours are times set aside for students to come speak with a Bard counselor, at the Health and Counseling Service office, about any concern they may have, no appointment needed. Just check in at the front desk. Please note: there may be a wait.
Week of 11/28 Open Clinic Hours 2-3:00pm MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
Week of 12/5 Open Clinic Hours 2-4:00pm MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
ON-GOING DROP IN GROUPS:
Books, Body Image, and Behaviors. Please join Bard's nutritionist, Ilyse Simon RDN CDN, for a weekly discussion/support group. We will focus on issues of emotional eating, restrictive eating, body shame, hunger, and metaphor. For more info email: email@example.com or just show up.
Fridays, 1:30-2:30 in the Health and Counseling Group Room (enter the Health and Counseling Service)
STUDENT/ALUMNI LED The Drug and Alcohol Use Support Group will be meeting on Fridays in Grey Stone Cottage from 6-7pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or just show up. Grey Stone Cottage is located on the road to the library, across from the tennis courts.
STUDENT LED Support Group for Chronic Illness and Disability meets every Monday evening from 7:30 to 8:30 in Olin 101, and welcomes anyone with mental or physical difficulties. There is no commitment involved, so members can come to whatever number of sessions is convenient for them.
LET’S TALK— a Bard Counseling program that offers free, informal, confidential consultations 3X each week with Bard counselors; no appointment needed. See side bar for details. LAST DAY OF LETS TALK FOR FALL SEMESTER IS 11/22/16.FOR AFTER HOURS OR WEEKEND EMERGENCIES:
please call security at 845-758-7460
and ask for the counselor on duty. If your situation is not an emergency but you want to talk it through with a trained peer anonymously, please call security and ask for the BRAVE Counselor.
You can also call ULIFELINE, the National Mental Health Hotline and speak with a trained local hotline counselor ANYTIME:
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Community Appointment Transportation Services
- Counseling- We offer primarily short-term, problem-focused counseling for individuals, couples, and groups.
- Groups- There are a number of support groups on campus for students. Some are organized and run through Counseling Services, while others are administered by other offices or organizations on campus. See the side bar for the current list of active groups.
- Let's Talk- A program that provides easy access to informal confidential consultations with Bard counselors. Counselors hold walk-in hours on a weekly basis. There is no appointment or fee necessary. See side bar for up to date info about locations and times.
- Psychiatric Services- Students who are enrolled in Bard Counseling may be referred to our consulting psychiatrist for an evaluation or for medication management. There is a one-time charge of $25 for an initial psychiatric evaluation, payable by check, cash or it can be billed to the student through Student Accounts.
- Nutrition- Our consulting nutritionist offers individual meetings as well as community programming for students with questions or concerns related to food, diet, and nutrition.Please call to schedule an appointment at 845-758-7433. The nutritionist is available to meet one-on-one Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Bard Student Resource Group provides free transportation for students with off-campus mental health needs. Contact: email@example.com for driving availability.