Announcements and Updates
- Let's Talk Resumes February 1st.
Let's Talk is free, it's confidential, and you don't need an appointment. If you would like to chat with a counselor stop by. See the sidebar for more information.
- Grief Group for students will continue during Spring'16 semester and is accepting new referrals.
Time: Thursdays @ 6:00 PM
Contact: John Asuncion (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in learning about or joining the group.
- Drug and Alcohol Recovery Group resumes on 2/5/16
Time: Fridays 6:00-7:00pm in Hopson Cottage/Admissions Office.
Contact: David Hyman (email@example.com) for more info. Or just show up.
FOR AFTER HOURS OR WEEKEND EMERGENCIES
(when classes are in session), please call security at 845-758-7460 or 845-758-7777 and ask for the counselor on duty.
You can also call ULIFELINE, the National Mental Health Hotline and speak with a trained local hotline counselor ANYTIME:
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Community Appointment Transportation Services
- Counseling- We offer primarily short-term, problem-focused counseling for individuals, couples, and groups.
- Groups- Current groups include: Grief Group - contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Managing Anxiety and Depression - contact email@example.com, Sexual Assault Survivors Support Group - contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Drug and Alcohol Recovery Group - contact email@example.com. For more information about available groups, please call us at 845-758-7433.
- Let's Talk- A program that provides easy access to informal confidential consultations with Bard counselors. Counselors hold walk-in hours on a weekly basis. There is no appointment or fee necessary. See side bar for up to date info about locations and times.
- Psychiatric Services- Students who are enrolled in Bard Counseling may be referred to our consulting psychiatrist for an evaluation or for medication management. There is a one-time charge of $25 for an initial psychiatric evaluation, payable by check, cash or it can be billed to the student through Student Accounts.
- Nutrition- Our consulting nutritionist offers individual meetings as well as community programming for students with questions or concerns related to food, diet, and nutrition.Please call to schedule an appointment at 845-758-7433. The nutritionist is available to meet one-on-one Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Bard Student Resource Group provides free transportation for students with off-campus mental health needs. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for driving availability.