Announcements and Updates
Welcome back to all the first year students here for Citizen Science. We hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable break, and that you are renewed and refreshed for the up coming semester.
During Cit Sci the Counseling Service is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. As always you can use our online request form to request an appointment. Also as usual for emergencies and crises a counselor is available 24/7. During business hours you can call the counseling office at 845-758-7433. See the last paragraph for After Hours.
Information about various groups for the Spring '17 semester will be forthcoming. Watch the Sidebar.
FOR AFTER HOURS OR WEEKEND EMERGENCIES: please call security at 845-758-7460 or 845-758-7777 and ask for the counselor on duty. If your situation is not an emergency but you want to talk it through with a trained peer anonymously, please call security and ask for the BRAVE Counselor.
You can also call ULIFELINE, the National Mental Health Hotline and speak with a trained local hotline counselor ANYTIME:
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Community Appointment Transportation Services
- Counseling- We offer primarily short-term, problem-focused counseling for individuals, couples, and groups.
- Groups- There are a number of support groups on campus for students. Some are organized and run through Counseling Services, while others are administered by other offices or organizations on campus. See the side bar for the current list of active groups.
- Let's Talk- A program that provides easy access to informal confidential consultations with Bard counselors. Counselors hold walk-in hours on a weekly basis. There is no appointment or fee necessary. See side bar for up to date info about locations and times.
- Psychiatric Services- Students who are enrolled in Bard Counseling may be referred to our consulting psychiatrist for an evaluation or for medication management. There is a one-time charge of $25 for an initial psychiatric evaluation, payable by check, cash or it can be billed to the student through Student Accounts.
- Nutrition- Our consulting nutritionist offers individual meetings as well as community programming for students with questions or concerns related to food, diet, and nutrition.Please call to schedule an appointment at 845-758-7433. The nutritionist is available to meet one-on-one Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Bard Student Resource Group provides free transportation for students with off-campus mental health needs. Contact: email@example.com for driving availability.