Bard College Student Handbook

Motor Vehicle Regulations

The Office of Safety and Security is responsible for enforcing College regulations for vehicles on campus. All vehicles utilizing campus parking facilities on a continual basis must be registered with the Office of Safety and Security. To register a vehicle, community members should complete the Vehicle Registration Form online at By completing this form, you agree to go to the Office of Safety and Security with a credit card, debit card, or check to pay your registration fee of $200, which is good for the entire academic year. The College does not accept cash for vehicle registration.

To register a vehicle, present the following at the Office of Safety and Security:

  • A valid driver’s license
  • Proof of registration
  • Current insurance from the state in which the vehicle is registered
  • Vehicle registration fee

Place the parking decal on the driver’s side rear window.

Authorization for handicap parking privileges must be obtained from Student Health Services.

Vehicles not registered with the Office of Safety and Security may be towed off campus at the owner’s expense. The vehicle’s owner is responsible for the tow charge, whether or not the vehicle is towed.  Once the tow truck is called, the operator must be paid, even if the vehicle is moved before the truck arrives.  Bard College is not responsible for any vehicle parked illegally or unregistered on campus or vehicles damaged while being towed.

Bard College students, faculty, staff, and visitors park at their own risk. While the Office of Safety and Security maintains patrols throughout the year, the College will not be held liable for vehicle damage incurred from vandalism, collisions, break-ins, or other destructive circumstances, including weather-related problems.