Dean of Student Affairs

Student Handbook

Contact Us

For further information, contact:

The Dean of Student Affairs Office
Bard College
PO Box 5000
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504

Phone: 845-758-7454

Financial Aid

Physical Plant 108, phone: 7526



The philosophy behind need-based financial aid is that the student and his or her family must assume primary responsibility for paying for the student’s education. The College expects that the student and his or her parents will contribute toward the College bill from both income and assets. The College also expects that the student will work during the summer months to earn funds that may be applied toward the College bill or other educational expenses.

Financial aid is awarded on an annual basis. An application must be filed each year for the student to be considered for aid. Forms are available by mid-January each year and must be filed by the following March 15. If a student has previously received aid, then application instructions will be sent to his or her permanent address during the winter intersession.

Renewal of the scholarship amount initially awarded is contingent on the following:

The student must incur the charges for which the award is applicable. The student must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by federal, state and Bard guidelines. The FAFSA and PROFILE must be submitted by March 15 for fall and spring attendance and by December 1 for spring attendance only. Applications received after these dates for the prospective enrollment periods will receive consideration for scholarship assistance, if funds are available. A financial need for the scholarship must be demonstrated annually according to the methods and procedures of the federal government and Bard College.

Increases in need-based scholarship may be obtained only upon application to the Financial Aid Review Committee, which meets four times per year. This process also applies to students who did not apply for or receive aid when they entered Bard College, and now find they need to apply for need-based scholarship. Information on how to apply to the Review Committee may be obtained by contacting the Office of Financial Aid.