An Excellent Education
A high-quality school model that worksAcademic Outcomes
Bard's early colleges employ the academic resources of a private college to improve public secondary school education.
Bard's early colleges have more than a 10-year record of success in helping students from diverse backgrounds access and thrive in college. In Bard’s early colleges, college faculty teach the high school and college classes in an integrated academic program in the arts and sciences. The classes are discussion-based seminars that focus on developing students’ writing and critical thinking skills through inquiry-based and experiential learning.
- Seventy percent of faculty members in Bard's early colleges have a Ph.D.
- Student-teacher ratios in Bard's early colleges are approximately 20 to 1.
- All students take a four-semester seminar sequence in the humanities.
- Bard's early colleges offer a wide variety of college electives in social science, math, science, language, and the arts.
- Bard's early colleges have state-of-the-art laboratory equipment.