Administrative Assistant - Division of Social StudiesWe are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant responsible for assisting with the administration of the Division of Social Studies office. The Administrative Assistant is a liaison in the office for all faculty, staff, students and outside clients for the Division and will report directly to the program coordinator of the Division.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain a service-oriented relationship with division faculty, students and campus departments.
- Refer students, visitors, and others with questions to appropriate faculty or staff.
- Submission of requisitions (reimbursements for faculty, research and travel reimbursements, etc.). Organize and oversee department events such as fall and spring Open Houses and guest lecturers for all programs in the Social Studies Division.
- Assist with calendaring for the program, aid in scheduling student moderation and senior project boards, plan for events, catering, and travel.
- Maintain photocopiers, fax machines, networked printers, and other office equipment.
- Maintain office supplies; handle requests for office materials, supplies, and services.
- Aid in conducting job searches, faculty tenure and promotion reviews.
- Maintain and submit payroll records for student assistants in the department.
- Perform general office tasks, including scanning, printing, emailing, handling mail, assisting new faculty with orientation, and word processing as needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/50850.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.