Learning Center CoordinatorBard High School Early (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and Newark Public Schools in Newark, NJ, invites applications for a full time position as a Learning Center Coordinator, a position within the BHSEC Fellows program. BHSEC Fellows offer B.A. graduates an opportunity to provide student tutoring and support, inside and outside the classroom setting, while offering the Fellow an opportunity to explore urban education as a potential career interest. BHSEC Fellows are rotating positions, generally held for two to three years.
The Learning Center Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Participating in developing the curriculum for the College Experience – a college admissions preparatory class for Year 1 students and co-teaching the class;
- Supervision of study periods and substituting;
- Working with students individually, tutoring them in writing, math, and or science, depending on the Fellow’s specialization;
- Working closely with the other faculty and staff to monitor and support students who are struggling;
- Training peer tutors and scheduling and monitoring peer tutors;
- Being available to students for supports of all kinds;
- Providing additional administrative support, especially to the deans, as needed.
- B.A. required
- Interest in working with diverse urban students required
- Peer tutoring experience required
- Experience with early college programs a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills required. A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with adolescents strongly preferred
Inquiries about the position may be directed via email to Lori Ween, Dean of Studies, at email@example.com.
Bard High School Early College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals who contribute to its diversity. Women and members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.