Center for Curatorial Studies
Art InstallerPart-time, as needed position in conjunction with the museum schedule and programs: Installation and disassembly of exhibitions, art handing in the museum environment.
- Knowledge of and skill in handling and installing a variety of contemporary art objects and equipment
- Knowledge of conservation concerns and materials for display, storage and packing works of art
- Understanding of museum methods, policies, and procedures
- Experience with:
- Cntemporary art
- Audi/video installation and new media in the exhibition environment.
- Knwledge of construction; experience with carpentry, painting, and proper use of shop tools.
- Have the ability t build temporary walls and unique exhibition display cases and mounts under the supervision of the preparator.
- Museum display lighting
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, the names of three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/49196.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.