Bard Graduate Center
Public Programs, Education & Engagement CoordinatorBard Graduate Center is seeking a full-time Public Programs, Education & Engagement Coordinator.
Bard Graduate Center is a graduate research institute in New York City. Our MA and PhD degree programs, Gallery exhibitions, research initiatives, and public programs explore new ways of thinking about decorative arts, design history, and material culture.
Reporting to, and working collaboratively with both the Director of Public Programs and the Manager of Education & Engagement, BGC seeks a highly motivated, detail oriented administrator who will be responsible for the coordination of all department activities.
The successful candidate will be a tactical thinker with excellent writing skills who thrives in a collaborative fast paced environment. An interest in public programming and museum education preferred.
- Manage the planning and coordination of all public programs and events for seniors, educators, K-12 students, university students, families, arts professionals, and general adult audiences.
- Manage roster of student workers.
- Handle phone calls and inquiries.
- Liaise with third party organizations to book and confirm Gallery tours and events.
- Manage the gallery educator tour schedule.
- Manage and track departmental budgets.
- Manage check requests, invoices and payments.
- Work collaboratively to draft and edit event descriptions for all department marketing materials.
- Manage departmental communications, e-blast schedule, website edits, eventbrite, etc.
- Help conduct program evaluations.
- Set up and work events.
- Order and manage supplies.
- B.A.; Background in art history, fine art, American studies, museum education, arts administration, or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and able to work well in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience handling program details and managing ahead of deadline.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to work with close attention to detail.
- Proficiency with and accuracy in using MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other related software applications.
- Positive outlook and a passion for creating an inclusive working environment.
- Position work schedule includes some evening and weekend hours, to lead and participate in Gallery programs, and to meet job goals and deadlines.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . No telephone calls please. Bard Graduate Center is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. AA/EOE