Bard Early College Network
Part-time Alumni Engagement CoordinatorThe Bard Early Colleges Network, which provides central oversight and resources to the Bard Early College campuses, invites applications for a part-time (20 hours/week) Alumni Engagement Coordinator. This individual will be based in Long Island City, Queens and report to the Network’s Development Officer. The BEC community encompasses more than 5,000 alumni across 9 different school communities. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will strengthen ties between the Bard High School Early Colleges and the alumni community with a focus on the New York City/Tri-State area.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we celebrate the 15th anniversary of the first graduating class of BHSEC Manhattan and the 10th anniversary at BHSEC Queens.
- Oversee alumni data collection and maintain accurate records
- Coordinate and execute all logistics for alumni events
- Foster connections between current students and alumni networks
- Recruit volunteers and organize alumni volunteer opportunities
- Working closely with the Development Officer, support fundraising activities, including direct appeals and individual outreach
- Manage social media accounts (aimed both at each school’s alumni communities as well as the broader early college network)
- Source and develop content for alumni newsletters. Writing and editing content as needed.
- Additional administrative support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Candidates with database experience a plus
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Command of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Excellent organizational, time management, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi task and work under deadlines.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Ability to work independently.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.