Al-Quds Bard, Palestine
Full time and Part Time Political Studies Faculty
Now completing its fifth year of operation, Al-Quds Bard Honors College for Arts & Sciences (AQB) is an innovative program introducing a liberal arts undergraduate education to the West Bank, with an enrollment of about 240 students in 2013-14. Al-Quds Bard College is a rigorous program, culminating in a two-semester independent senior project, which, in the social sciences, is generally a demanding research paper of 45 pages or more. Graduates of AQB receive dual degrees: a BA from Al-Quds University and from Bard College (New York).
AQB has full-time and part-time openings in Political Studies for one year, possibly renewable, to teach courses beginning fall 2014 and head the Political Studies program. We seek faculty whose teaching methods are student-centered, involving students in active discussion and group tasks to develop their reading, writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills in English. The candidates should be able to teach a broad array of Political Science courses. While the specialty is open, training in Middle East politics is highly desired. Full time faculty teach three courses per semester and supervise a minimum of two senior projects. Advising is also expected of all full time faculty.
- Graduate degree in Political Science
- Successful teaching experience, as shown by student evaluations, syllabi, and other relevant evidence
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the College to provide student-centered teaching, foster critical thinking, and incorporate writing into most courses
- Good spoken and written English
- PhD in Political Science or substantial coursework in Political Science at the PhD level
- Successful experience teaching Political Science in a liberal arts context
- Ability to teach a wide range of courses
- Some understanding of the political and cultural context in Palestine and/or significant experience teaching successfully in various developing countries
To apply, submit a CV; a cover letter that addresses your interest and background as it relates to this position; evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as student evaluations and syllabi; and three letters of reference through Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/25137
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.