Head Women's Basketball Coach/Assistant Director of Athletics
The Athletics department at Bard College invites applications for the Head Women’s Basketball Coach/Assistant Athletics Director position. The individual reports to the Director of Athletics and is a member of the core department staff and continues to progress the college’s programming and commitment to athletics and recreational sports. As the Head Women’s Basketball Coach he/she will direct and lead student-athletes within the philosophy of the College’s Intercollegiate Program with the intention of maintaining the program within the guidelines of the principles of the NCAA Division III and the Liberty League. The individual is a member of the College’s Student Services Staff and participates in related meetings and committees.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Maintain close communication with intercollegiate coaches and department staff regarding the scheduling of indoor athletics facilities.
· Maintain necessary scheduling displays (web site/front desk) with main gym reservations for all events.
· Contract and administers outside group reservations.
· Conduct regular facility checks and reports necessary situations to proper departments.
· Administer one program in the Team for Team event fundraising program.
· Prepare trains and directs student-athletes for intercollegiate participation and competition and attends all scheduled contests.
· Oversee team preparation for intercollegiate contests with team manager in areas of uniform inventory and sports medicine equipment.
· Involvement in academic monitoring of student-athletes and communicating issues to department staff regarding the wellness of team members.
· Actively identifying and recruiting prospective student-athletes by telephone, written communication and personal contact.
The individual should have experience in college athletics or recreation administration or related fields. Excellent communication and supervisory skills necessary. Knowledge of computer statistical software and internet skills required. Must be able to maintain flexible work schedule and travel outside of 100-mile radius, as required. Experience as a player or coach is highly recommended. First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required. This is a full-time, 10 month position.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and list of three references by email to email@example.com Application deadline is June 30th 2014. Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals who contribute to its diversity.