College Transfer Office CoordinatorEmployer Website: http://bhsec.bard.edu/newark/
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and the Newark Public Schools in Newark, NJ, modeled after the Bard High School Early Colleges in New York City, invites applications for a full or part time position as a College Transfer Office (CTO) Coordinator. The CTO Coordinator will be responsible for developing and running the CTO program at BHSEC Newark.
The College Transfer Office Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
· Developing the CTO at BHSEC Newark and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the college transfer advising program at BHSEC Newark;
· Serving as a CTO advisor, working with students and their families on the college application process;
· Establishing relationships with college admissions representatives;
· Coordinating and chaperoning event and trip planning related to CTO activities;
· Keeping and managing data on the college process for BHSEC Newark students.
The successful applicant will possess a B.A. (at a minimum), college advising experience, strong organizational and communications skills, excellent writing skills, and a deep interest in working with urban students and creating more access to excellent institutions of higher education. Experience in working with other early college programs a plus. Successful applicants must be self-starters, good team players and diplomats, and possess a sense of humor.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Dr. Dumaine Williams, Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of applications to begin immediately.