Alumni Engagement & Communications Coordinator
Bard College seeks a Alumni Engagement & Communications Coordinator for the Bard Early Colleges, a nationally recognized early college network that brings the best of a selective liberal arts college program into public high schools so as to more fully engage students’ full intellectual potential. Bard Early Colleges are founded on the belief that many high school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. We provide younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma.
Now in its second decade, the Bard Early Colleges network includes campuses in Manhattan and Queens, New York; New Orleans, Louisiana; Newark, New Jersey; the Harlem Children’s Zone in New York City; and Cleveland, Ohio. This position will focus on our three flagship campuses: the Bard High School Early Colleges (BHSEC) in Manhattan, Queens, and Newark.
The Alumni Engagement & Communications Coordinator will plan and implement projects and programs that strategically engage a young and growing alumni body from our three flagship campuses: BHSEC Manhattan, Queens, and Newark. As a member of the Development team, the Coordinator will partner with colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni donors. The Coordinator will also develop and implement communication strategies - including print, social media, and online platforms - to better communicate with and engage our community.
The Communications & Alumni Engagement Coordinator will report to the Bard Early Colleges Director of Development. The Coordinator will collaborate with colleagues including, but not limited to, Development, School Leadership, Student Advisors, Admissions, and Faculty.
Responsibilities will include:
·Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni from our three flagship campuses: BHSEC Manhattan, Queens, and Newark;
·Plan and execute engagement opportunities for alumni/ae, including: special programs, campaigns, events, volunteer opportunities, newsletters, and appeals;
·Collaborate closely with development colleagues in increasing support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts;
·Collect and communicate pertinent information about alumni through written contact reports, weekly communication updates, Alumni/ae and student surveys.
· Create and execute a communications strategy that will fortify the Bard Early Colleges brand and streamline external messaging;
· Ensure clear and consistent messaging, voice, design, and brand positioning throughout organizational communication creating a seamless interactive experience across all platforms;
· Conduct stakeholder analysis to determine our audiences, determine communications metrics, and routinely evaluate progress against goals;
This candidate will be a strong writer and oral communicator who is passionate and articulate about the experience of a liberal arts education. S/he will be self-motivated and will have a strong desire to work with people from all backgrounds, both internally and externally, to create a cohesive interactive experience for the Bard Early College community.
· BA/BS in communications, development or related field.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in development, alumni affairs, or communications
· Technological proficiency, adeptness, and creativity across online and social media platforms. (Adobe Suite, social media analytics, e-mail marketing, and website management skills preferred)
· Possess the ability to plan, organize, and motivate along with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues, alumni, and other external constituents.
To apply, send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com with your name and “AE&CC” in the subject line.
Review of applications to begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Bard College is AA/EOE & welcomes applications from individuals who contribute to its diversity.