Eurasian Program Assistant
Bard College seeks an enthusiastic Eurasian Program Assistant. The Annandale-based Eurasian Program Assistant will work on the administration of Bard’s partnerships in the former Soviet Union and related collaborative projects, including Smolny College in St. Petersburg, Russia and the American University of Central Asia in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Reporting to the Eurasian Program Manager, s/he will provide general administrative support to Bard’s Eurasian initiatives. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Track and follow-up on a range of concurrent administrative, financial, and logistical activities.
· Organize and maintain electronic and paper files.
· Basic accounting, financial and grant management.
· Assist and facilitate faculty and staff visits to the Annandale campus.
· Make travel arrangements for staff and faculty.
· Work on in-bound international student programs.
· Collaboration with Bard staff working on various international programs and partnerships
· Research, development and work on implementing new initiatives and collaborative projects
· Previous administrative experience
· Strong attention to detail
· High level of competency in MS Excel and Word
· Strong communication, writing, editing and research skills
· Flexibility and ability to multi-task, work collaboratively with others, and meet deadlines
· Culturally adept; able to liaise with persons from around the world
· BA in a relevant discipline
· A minimum intermediate-level proficiency in Russian is required
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three references by email only to email@example.com. Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.