Al-Quds Bard, Palestine
Recruitment and Study Abroad Officer
Al-Quds Bard Honors College for the Arts and Sciences, the first liberal arts program in Palestine, is seeking a full-time Recruitment and Study Abroad Officer. The position’s focus will be on growing the undergraduate college, through targeted recruitment throughout Palestine and further development of the Study Abroad program, which brings American students to AQB for a semester. These two roles will complement each other, with busy seasons at different times of the year. As a recruitment officer, s/he will work closely with the Dean and the Assistant Dean in the organization of multi-media recruitment campaigns, school visits, expos, communication with local ministries, school principals, teachers and counselors. S/he handles the drafting, design and publication of recruitment materials, coordinates student and faculty ambassadors, and communicates with prospective students and their parents.
For the study abroad program, s/he will report directly to the Assistant Dean and to the Associate Director of the Institute for International Liberal Education in planning and implementing all aspects of the program, including the admissions process, the homestay program, orientation, cultural programming, risk management, and visa renewals. The Recruitment and Study Abroad Officer will be part of AQB’s administrative team headed by the Director of Administration and Finance. S/he will be assigned an AQB Fellow, a recent Bard graduate, to assist with basic administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, efficient, and able to juggle multiple tasks at once. Applicants must be able to travel with ease throughout the West Bank and Jerusalem, including during evening hours. Other qualifications include:
· A degree from an accredited American liberal arts college.
· In depth understanding of the secondary education system in Palestine.
· At least 3 years of experience in program administration, ideally within an institution of higher education.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
· Experience in public relations and marketing.
· Experience developing content for publication and facility with a range of social media formats.
· A reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license for the Palestinian Territories and Israel is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three references by email only to email@example.com. Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.