How to Find a Campus Job
See Current Opportunities. Look through the online list of student employment opportunities. Pick at least three that seem appropriate for your schedule and job skills. There are many different kinds of jobs here at Bard, from office work to outdoor maintenance. Choose one that fits with your personality and the demands of your academic course load.
View current opportunities on the College Central Network Services site.
- Click on "Student"
- For first-time users, click "Register Now". Note: your Access ID is your Student ID. Your temporary password is "Bard".
- For previous registrants, click "Log in at Student Central". You can retrieve your Access ID and/or password if you have forgotten them.
- Click "Search for Opportunities Posted to My School".
- Under "Job Location" select "On-Campus" then "Begin Search".
- Click any job ID number that interests you and follow instructions under "Application Instructions".
If you have any questions regarding navigating College Central, please email
or call the Career Development Office, Campus Center Room 201, 845-758-7539.
The Student Resource Group (SRG) also provides opportunities for student employment. View current job opportunities and fill out the employment form on the SRG site
. SRG is a student run organization focused on identifying student needs and addressing them. SRG hires work-study and non work-study students.Keep in mind a few things:
- A resume is a good document to have available to send to prospective employers. Even if you have not worked, you can indicate clubs, organizations, and special interests!
- Like the world outside of Bard, unfortunately we have more students seeking positions than there are positions available. We encourage those students with transportation to view the College Central site for potential off-campus positions that might be available in nearby Red Hook and Tivoli.
- Work Study eligible students should get priority in hiring, but a work study award is not a guarantee of a job.
Questions regarding work study eligibility should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid. All other on-campus student employment questions, new hire paperwork, requirements for foreign national student employees and direct deposit should be directed to the Student Employment Office.