Revisions of Financial Aid
- Students should be aware that a financial aid offer is typically made on the basis of the student’s full-time attendance and room and board charges. If a student is enrolled less than full time (11 credits or fewer), financial aid will be adjusted in accordance with the total billing charges. If a student decides to move off campus, the College scholarship will be adjusted in accordance with the total billing charges.
- Financial aid awards will be revised if additional assistance is received from sources unknown to Bard at the time initial awards are made or if outside awards vary considerably from estimates in the award letter. The student is required to notify the Financial Aid Office of any additional assistance that is received.
- If the data on the FAFSA and the PROFILE do not concur with supporting documents (W-2 statements or Verification Worksheet), awards may be updated based on the revised Expected Family Contribution (EFC). With the exception of the Pell Grant, if the data on the FAFSA and PROFILE are fairly accurate, there is little or no change in awards.
- Students whose family financial situation changes due to death, disability, or unemployment of a major wage earner should contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss what assistance may be available to them at a time of financial crisis. The Financial Aid Office requires that any request for a review be made in writing, giving details for consideration in the review. This request is considered by the Review Committee, which meets three times a year, in June, August, and December.
- If a student withdraws before the end of the semester, Bard awards will be prorated in accordance with the tuition charges. Federal funds will be revised according to the formula established by the federal government.
- If a student ceases attendance without providing official notification to the College, the withdrawal date will be the mid-point of the semester or term, except that the College may use as the withdrawal date the student's last date of attendance at an academically-related activity, as documented by the college. This determination will be used for the Return of Title IV funds calculation.
Contact Bard Financial Aid
|Bard College |
Office of Financial Aid
PO Box 5000
(30 Campus Road)
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504-5000
|Location: Physical Plant, Rm 108 |
Phone: 845-758-7526 or 845-758-7525
E-mail Undergraduate: email@example.com
E-mail Graduate: firstname.lastname@example.org