Having studied the religious diversity of the area, students from Kristin Scheible’s class—Laura Downs, Kalia Feldman-Klein, Anna Henschel, Ted King, Daniel Lewis, Thomas McCosker, Tracy Potter-Fins, Katherine Reed, Emma Grace, Skove-Epes, Ella Stocker, William Wylie, and Holly Young—present their research on world religions in the Hudson Valley.(more . . .)
Bruce Chilton and Andrew Harvey lead a 3 day seminar in Guelph, Canada, this January on the topic, "Teachings and Sacraments of the Divine Feminine." Explore and experience the gifts of Mary Magdalene and Mother Mary with scholars and experts in this wisdom. (details . . .)
Let us know if there are any topics of interest you would like to share or, indeed, hear more about in this format. Please e-mail your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Members suggestions of possible future teaching topics (to date):
- Immaculate Conception/Divinity of God
- Study of a portion of The King James Bible (from the Old Testament) following it through history - from translation of the earliest of the written documents to The King James version, looking at countries, politics, and the state of the world as each emerged. [Perhaps the same for The New Testament although Bruce's work on the prophetic tradition was certainly of a similar cloth.]
- The history of Jesus figures, i.e. The Green Man and/or Sumarian and other historical views of a prophet/a divine across ancient religions.
- The roles of the women in the Bible, tracing their stories.
- Something on The Song of Songs.