What we in the Institute of Advanced Theology call our Advent Series of lectures is usually completed prior to end of the Advent season, but I am glad that we keep our reference to the most hopeful time of the Christian calendar. . . (continued)
A detailed schedule for the three-day conference, The Golden Rule in the Religions of the World, has just been posted. There is no charge to attend, but reservations are requested. (details)
Let us know if there are any topics of interest you would like to share or, indeed, hear more about in this format. Please e-mail your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to forward this e-mail to any friends who you think may find it of interest.
Thank you for your continued support
and best wishes for the holidays and 2008.
(Click here for some images from 2007 events)
- Immaculate Conception/Divinity of God
- Study of a portion of The King James Bible (from the Old Testament) following it through history - from translation of the earliest of the written documents to The King James version, looking at countries, politics, and the state of the world as each emerged. [Perhaps the same for The New Testament although Bruce's work on the prophetic tradition was certainly of a similar cloth.]
- The history of Jesus figures, i.e. The Green Man and/or Sumarian and other historical views of a prophet/a divine across ancient religions.
- The roles of the women in the Bible, tracing their stories.
- Something on The Song of Songs.