Bard Abroad
Facebook Instagram Bard
Study Abroad Process for Bard Students

Study Abroad Process for Bard Students

Inquire here!

Have questions about studying abroad and Bard Abroad? We have answers!

Bard students:
Trish Fleming
, Bard Study Abroad Adviser

All students:
Hannah Barrett for programs at Bard College Berlin

Jen Murray for programs at Al-Quds Bard

Leiah Heckathorn for programs at CEU

Quinton Scribner for programs at Smolny and AUCA 


Bard students* must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher and must have successfully moderated in order to be eligible to study abroad (usually during the junior year). The only exception to that rule is the Begin in Berlin program for first-year students (who may apply to study at Bard College Berlin for their first academic year). 

*Transfer students: at least half of your total credits must be earned in Annandale in order to earn a Bard College degree (which might affect your ability to spend a full semester abroad). Check with the registrar to determine your status.

Where to Start

Study Abroad Adviser Trish Fleming offers study abroad info sessions as each semester begins (always called "Study Abroad 101: The Nuts and Bolts of Study Abroad at Bard" and always advertised in the Daily Mail). Do all you can to attend one of these in-depth sessions before scheduling a 1:1 session with her to discuss your options. Planning ahead is very important. You cannot submit a Petition for Study Abroad before meeting 1:1 with the Study Abroad Adviser.

Find Your Program

As a Bard student you have many study abroad options:

Financial Aid

Bard financial assistance only transfers to Bard students participating in a Bard Abroad program or Tuition Exchange. Students should consult with the Office of Financial Aid to determine the exact terms and conditions of their aid package. 

Students participating in a study abroad program through another U.S. or foreign institution will not receive any Bard-based aid. However, state and federal funding—such as TAP, Pell, Perkins and Stafford Loans—may be transferable. Students should also inquire directly with the sponsoring institution about the availability of aid.