Financial Aid

All applicants are automatically considered for merit scholarships and fellowships. Applicants requesting any sort of financial aid must submit all documents and relevant supplementary information, such as tax documents and income and bank statements.

US Citizens and Permanent Residents

US citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for financial aid and scholarships by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)  form to Bard College. FAFSA forms are not available to students applying for Early Decision (the forms are only made available beginning in January for the subsequent Fall session). Early Decision applicants will need to submit the College Scholarship Service (CSS) / Financial Aid PROFILE, which is provided to Bard College by the College Board.

Students applying for Regular Decision do not need to complete the CSS profile. However, to receive federal aid, all students must submit the FAFSA forms when they become available. Since all aid and scholarships are awarded on the basis of need and merit, applicants who do not submit the required forms will not be considered.

International Students

Financial aid and scholarships are open to international students. To apply for financial aid and/or scholarships, applicants must submit the following forms:

Submission Instructions

  • Print and scan completed documents to a single PDF and email to
  • Include your full name in the subject line of the e-mail.