International Students


International students' enrollment deposits can be made online through the Applicant Portal, or by check, money order, or wire transfers payable to Bard College (if paying by check or money order, please write the student's name on the document). Please note that the Office of Student Accounts can process credit card payments via phone or in person. They accept MasterCard or Visa, however, a nonrefundable convenience fee of 3.25 percent will be assessed to your credit card account in addition to the amount you are paying to Bard.

For more information, please contact the Office of Student Accounts:
Phone: 845-758-7520
Fax: 845-758-7125


After accepting our offer of admission, international students must submit the Declaration of Finances in order to receive a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) from Bard's Office of International Students. The form and the certificate are needed to show that you have the financial resources to cover all the costs of your first year of study in the United States and thus obtain a F-1 student visa in the nearest US Consulate or Embassy. Check the consulate website for procedures.

If you have questions or concerns about visas, please contact Manishka Kalupahana, the international student advisor, at or by calling 845-758-7328.


Health Insurance

All international (non-US citizen) students are automatically enrolled in Bard's student health plan unless they obtain a waiver by presenting evidence of insurance coverage from one of three different commercial providers. The three approved providers are listed in the Health Insurance Comparison Chart, found at the link below. This document compares the costs of these alternative plans versus the cost of the Bard plan.