Facebook Twitter
Stevenson Library, built with the generous support and encouragement of Charles P. Stevenson Jr., is Bard’s main library. Located on the Annandale campus, it consists of three buildings: Hoffman, built in 1895; Kellogg added in 1973; and the Stevenson addition, designed by Robert Venturi, which opened in 1993. 

Our mission is to be an active partner in the intellectual work of Bard's students, faculty, and staff. We strive to develop collections, services, and partnerships that help all users become more resourceful, more independent and more original scholars. We take a campus leadership role in thoughtfully applying emerging media to the task of turning information into knowledge.

We actively promote a variety of resource sharing relationships (ConnectNY, the Oberlin Group Libraries, and Southeastern New York Library Resources Council) with regional and national partners designed to bring considerably expanded collections of books, journals and digital resources to the campus community.

Resources

The resources of the Stevenson Library and the satellite libraries—in the Levy Economics Institute and the Center for Curatorial Studies on the Annandale campus, and in the Bard Graduate Center in New York City—include more than 400,000 volumes and 14,000 journals available in print or online. In addition, online databases central to all the disciplines in Bard's curriculum provide access to indexes and abstracts. Users may consult these and other online resources from the library's more than 50 computer stations, any public lab, most dormitory rooms, and from off campus anywhere in the world. A writing and instruction lab funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation makes available both PC and Macintosh computers equipped with Microsoft Office Suite and other applications.
VIEW MORE >>