Interlibrary Loan Services
Learn about Stevenson Library's Interlibrary Loan options for Bard students, faculty and staff.
Books not available through the Library Catalog can often be borrowed from another library. Requests can be placed in the following ways:
- Search for, and then request, an item from ConnectNY (2-3 day delivery time).
- If an item is not available in ConnectNY, search for and then request it from WorldCat (3-7 day delivery time); look for the "Request via ILL" link on the item record to submit.
- Book requests can also be submitted directly to ILLiad (3-7 day delivery time); log into ILLiad and chose the "Book" option under the "New Request" menu.
Journal Articles & Book Chapters
Requests for articles published in journals not currently owned by Bard, or from a particular issue not currently available, can be placed in two ways:
- Fill out an article request directly in ILLiad with the full citation information; log into ILLiad and chose the "Article" option under the "New Request" menu. Please include ISSN number.
- Submit a request to ILLiad from within many of the Library's research databases via the ILLiad link found in the article.
- If only a chapter of a book is needed use the "Book Chapter" option.
Theses/Dissertations, DVDs, CDs, Musical Scores
Though there is often limited availability for these types of items, requests can be made both through WorldCat and ILLiad. Please use the appropriate forms and supply as much citation information possible.