Career Credentials

Candidates often begin their MAT coursework and mentoring concurrent with full-time work or service in a high need public school or community organization. There are a variety of ways to qualify for relevant employment or service with or without a California single subject credential. Qualifying schools with documented staffing needs, for example, including institutions filing a Declaration of Need for Fully Qualified Educators (CL-500), can contact Bard for information about available candidates meeting intial requirement. Updated information and full requirements for temporary or short-term hires are detailed in the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing Administrator's Assignment Manual.

For information about obtaining a California Single Subject credential through a qualifying traditional or intern program, contact the Bard MAT Office.