- Bard College
- Contact Us
About Bard MAT
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the ideal preparation for acceptance to the BardMAT Program?
- How should I proceed if I am concerned about meeting BardMAT Program prerequisites
- Does the BardMAT require GRE's for admission?
- What are the age ranges of applicants and accepted students in the BardMAT Program?
- Are applicants to the BardMAT required to have formal teaching experience prior to entering the BardMAT Program?
- What degrees does the BardMAT offer?
- What areas of certification does the BardMAT offer?
- When does the BardMAT Program begin?
- Where and how are BardMAT Program Student Teaching Placements Assigned?
- Is it possible to work while attending the BardMAT Program?
- Do I need a vehicle during my time in the BardMAT Program?
- Is there graduate housing available on Bard's campus?
Tuition, Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Grants FAQs
- Does BardMAT offer scholarships and/or other forms of tuition assistance?
- Are there other fees, aside from tuition, associated with the program?
Certification and Credentialing FAQs
- What other requirements must be met to become a certified teacher in New York State?
- Is New York State certification transferable to other states?
- How soon after completion of this program will I be certified?
- Where can I find information on the additional requirements for certification including exam schedules and study guides?
Graduation and Beyond
- Upon completion of the Program, how do I obtain an official copy of my graduate transcript?
- When I am applying for teaching jobs, who should I contact to have my placement file sent?
- Where are MAT graduates teaching?
- How successful are your graduates in finding teaching jobs?
- What kind of help does the MAT provide to its students in their job search?